Sp23 – Critique Week
Table of Contents
After a semester of thinking about your career and assembling your portfolio, let’s see what your classmates have been up to and offer some feedback.
Ways to Improve
We all love a pat on the back and being told that someone likes our work. So, feel free to be nice to each other! 😀
However, the most helpful feedback is ways to improve your portfolio. Flagging things that are unclear. Ideas that could be stronger. Navigation that could be easier.
Take a look at our Class Portfolio Page:
- Is your info there? If yes, great! If no, please add your Portfolio URL as a comment at the bottom of the page and I’ll update it ASAP.
- If you’d like to add any social media, same thing, leave your links as a comment at the bottom of the page.
- To change your Title or Description… leave the updated info as a comment.
- If you’d like to change your photo, email the new photo to: email@example.com
From our Class Portfolio Page please pick 4 classmates and review their portfolio websites.
- Look over their portfolio
- List 3 things that are really working on the website
- List 3 suggestions to make the portfolio stronger, clearer, or more compelling
Use each classmate’s Contact Page to provide your feedback. You can email them, or write your comments in their Contact Form. Include your email in case your classmate would like to chat about ideas with you.
Hopefully, you already connected to these classmates during Social Media Week. If you didn’t, here’s a second chance to do so. I can’t stress enough how important it is to build your career network. Try to at least connect to everyone on Instagram & LinkedIn. And don’t forget to network in the Physical World too! Go to Art Galleries, Animation Festivals, Computer Graphics Conferences, Graphic Design Workshops. Find ways to build connections!
Touch Base w Glenn
When you’ve sent feedback to all 4 classmates send me an email saying “I’ve provided feedback to all 4 classmates!: firstname.lastname@example.org