Table of Contents
Want to know what platforms websites you see are using?
Speed is everything on the web. If someone is highly interested in your work, they might be willing to wait for a slow-loading website. But if they’re scanning many artists, they might just skip slow portfolios.
- Check Your Website load time – tools.pingdom.com
The fad of dark grey type on a light grey background produces portfolios that are hard to read. Good contrast makes your work easier to read. Good contrast helps even people with good vision. It’s essential for the visually impaired to see your portfolio.
- Contrast Ratio Checker – contrast-ratio.com
- Contrast Ratio Checker (Chrome Plugin): WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
- (should have a minimum 3:1 contrast ratio, 5:1 even better)
Need a color palette for your website or other projects?
Social Media Tools
Social Media platforms like Instagram and others can help build your career – no doubt about it! They can also be dangerous. Try to build a consistent professional presence. But try not to obsess over follows and likes. Don’t let them stress you out or change your work.
Having said that… in case you’re curious…
- Traffic & Income Estimates – socialblade.com
- Instagram – cost to buy a post – hopperhq.com/blog/instagram-rich-list