- There is no paper textbook to buy.
- Your smartphone is your textbook.
Week 1 – Plaster Casting
- 4# Box of Plaster of Paris – Any Hardware store
- Metal Hand Shovel – plastic shovels suck, metal shovels are expensive, but Daiso has metal shovels for $1.50! 😀
- Bucket – steal from mom ‘n dad or split one at Hardware store with classmate
- Stir Stick – free at Hardware store, just ask at paint counter (a free 5-gallon stir stick is even better than a 1-gallon)
- Cheap 1″ paint brush (optional) don’t need this, but most students like to brush sand off their finished casting
Attendance – Starting Week 2, and every Wednesday
- 4×6 index cards – not 3×5 and not paper, please use 4×6 index cards
Week 5 – Automatic Drawing
- 22×30″ sheet of Rives BFK White – CSULB Art Store in FA3
- Some kind of Board or plywood or cardbaord to tape it to
- Oil Crayons – get a whole set at Daiso for $1.50!
Week 8 – Sketching
- Paper to draw on, several sheets, preferably unlined
- Any pencil will do, but a “Draughting Pencil” from CSULB Art Store is awesome (can also try Pastels from Automatic Drawing)
Week 9 – Graffiti Writing
- Spray paint, 2 colors. Any paint will do, Montana Gold is awesome!
- Montana Cap Set Level 1-6 – optional, great for getting thin lines & wide fills
Week 13 – Art Care Package
- Envelope or Box
- Ephemera from life, etc
Week 15 – Finger Painting
- Use the other side of your Rives BFK from Automatic Drawing activity (or buy another sheet)
- Any 3 non-toxic, washable, acrylic paints, only need very small quantities
Whatever materials you might need to realize your vision on various Activities. Mostly no-cost or low-cost stuff you can find around the house.
Pingback: Spring '17 Syllabus - glenn.zucman.com/i2va