2D Art: Painting
Spray Paint your name in Bubble Letters, 2 colors
You can paint anywhere that’s legal! A piece of cardboard or plywood in your backyard is great. Occasionally someone’s parents will let them paint their garage door or backyard wall.
Optional Location: Venice Art Walls
- Open Saturday & Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
- Info: veniceartwalls.com
At the Venice Art Walls you can:
- Paint your name
- See other painting, from beginner classmates to some awesome murals by pros
- Sun, Sand, Surf, Palm Trees
- Art Walls, Skate Park, Basketball Courts, and Muscle Beach are all next to each other
- Eclectic mix from rich & famous artists (Digital Domain, Chiat Day, Frank Gehry, Claes Oldenburg, Jonathan Borofsky, Mark DiSuvero) to artists selling paintings on the Venice Boardwalk for $5!
- Cheap Slices of Giant Pizza
Other cool things in Venice
While you’re there you might like to check out:
- LA Louvre art gallery – open 10-6 on Saturday, closed Sunday
- Small World Books – 10-8, 7 days
- Venice Skate Park – 8-7 every day, except Sunday 10-4
- Venice Art Walls: 1800 Ocean Front Walk, Venice CA 90291
- Venice Skate Park: 1800 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291
- Small World Books: 1407 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291
- LA Louvre Gallery: 45 North Venice Blvd., Venice, CA 90291
- Free: On the street, far, walk!
- Really Close: about $15
- Earlier tends to be easier
- Do a Pencil Sketch of your name in Bubble Letters in advance.
- Paint your name in Bubble Letters. At least 2 Colors.
- Make it awesome!
- You have more paint than you’ll need to just do your name. Have fun! Paint other stuff too!
Your Canvas Blog Post
- Photos or Video of your activity
- Talk about your experience
- Be sure your post includes a clear PHOTO of YOU with YOUR WORK.