- There is no paper textbook to buy.
- Your smartphone is your textbook.
- These materials should be available in your local art/hardware store.
- Or the LBSU Art Store in FA3
- None of these materials are overly expensive. But yes, you will need to buy some materials for some of our activities. Fortunately, there is no $100 textbook to buy! Hopefully all the materials will cost you less than a textbook.
Idea #1 – "Women’s Work" is Also Art
- Plastic bag for campus trash cleanup
- Glenn will bring bucket & sponges for sculpture cleaning
Idea #2 – Abstraction is Freedom
Activity: Finger Painting
- 22×30" sheet of Rives BFK White (Art Store in FA3, or other Art Stores)
- Any 3 non-toxic, washable, acrylic paints, only need very small quantities
Idea #3 – You can Find Art everywhere!
- 1 roll of any kind of masking tape for each Group of 6 classmates
Idea #4 – Drawing is also a language
- Unlined paper, the bigger the better
- Pencil. Have fun with a better than the everyday pencil. Drop by the LBSU Art Store in FA3 and spend a dollar on a nice, soft lead pencil!
Activity #5 – Art is a good excuse to go to fun places
Activity: Plaster Casting
- 4# box of Plaster of Paris – any hardware store (be sure not to get Plaster Sand, Joint Compound, Spackle, etc)
- Metal Hand Shovel – plastic shovels suck, metal shovels are expensive, but Daiso has metal shovels for $1.50! 😀
- Bucket – steal from mom ‘n dad or split one at Hardware store with classmate
- Stir Stick – free at Hardware store, just ask at paint counter (a free 5-gallon stir stick is even better than a free 1-gallon)
- Cheap 1" paint brush (optional) don’t need this, but most students like to brush sand off their finished casting
Activity #6 – Art can be Shocking!
- Paper or computer or whatever you need for your idea
Activity #7 – Cameras Tell Stories
- Any kind of camera – a "real camera" or your phone
Activity #8 – Creativity is a lot about Diversity
Activity #9 – Sometimes there’s more truth in fiction
Activity #10 – Art is a lot about Identity
Activity #11 – Being yourself can be Art
- Any kind of video camera – a "real camera" or your phone
Activity #12 – The Internet is an Art Gallery
- Your Laptop / Phone
Activity #13 – Art can (must?) be sustainable?
- Whatever materials you need for your idea
Activity #14 – The Street is a great place for Art
Activity: Graffiti Writing
- Spray paint, 2 colors. Any paint will do, Montana Gold is awesome!
- Optional: Montana Cap Set Level 1-6 – great for getting thin lines & wide fills
Activity #15 – Remix is the Art of Your Time!
- Your laptop
Activity #16 – Art is a lot about Speech
- Sheet of 11×17 paper
- Whatever you want to make marks with: pencil, crayons, markers, paint, etc
- Whatever materials you might need to realize your visoin on various activities.
- Whatever materials you want for your 2 student choice activities.
Art Supplies… Shoes… Art Supplies… Shoes…