Free School of Architecture Toolkit
I’ve been participating at the Free School of Architecture (FSA) for 2 weeks now, and with 2 more weeks to go, I’ve been thinking about a project I’d like to work on in this time.
Architecture, Art, Education
It might be an Architecture, Urban Planning, Social Spaces, or Homelessness project. Or, with the flexibility of FSA, I could work on an Art project like Letters to Skynet or Love Beach. But what I’m particularly feeling at this moment is the power of FSA’s uncollege take on architecture education.
I think I’d like to create an Open Source FSA Toolkit that would help people at other locations create their own versions of FSA. Or perhaps like “TEDx”, their own “FSAx”.
For me, Free Culture, Open Source Software, and Open Education all connect. They all help move past models of owning knowledge and empower individuals to find their own paths regardless of money, privilege, or access to special materials, people, or experiences. I feel this sensibility powerfully in FSA, although I, in fact, need to discuss this with the FSA organizers, since I don’t specifically know their position on sharing the paradigm they’ve created.
What’s in the toolkit?
As someone who’s never organized The Free School of Architecture, I don’t even know what I don’t know. Some things that could be in the toolkit include
- Philosophy / Guiding Principles
- Your Call for Participants
- Selecting Participants
- Location (City)
- Location (Facilities)
- Guest Speakers
- Session Planning
- Length of Term
- Online Tools: Website, Are.na, Slack, Instagram
Additionally, it might be enriching to include short videos from current participants commenting on:
- What drew them to FSA
- How their experience has been
- What should be kept
- Potential Improvements
Potential Toolkit media:
- Web Pages
- Print on Demand Book
The web version might be easiest both to make and distribute. It should serve most users needs. It shouldn’t be too hard to also repurpose that content into a freely downloadable PDF, and the PDF could also be placed at a print-on-demand repository if anyone wanted a physical copy to work with.
Human Centered Design
- Intro to the Visual Arts @ Long Beach State
- Artists Websites @ Long Beach State
- Video: TEDx Burn the University Catalog
- Letter: To Future TEDxCSULB Speakers
- Video: What sort of “feature” is Open Source
FSA Event Photo Documentation on Metro
Or, to see everything:
Start Your Architecture Telegram Group Today
Welcome to the digital era, where social media platforms have revolutionized the way we connect and communicate with each other. Among the multitude of platforms available, Telegram has emerged as a popular choice for creating communities and groups centered around various interests. If you are passionate about architecture and want to connect with like-minded individuals, starting an Architecture Telegram Group can be a fantastic way to engage with fellow enthusiasts, share ideas, and foster a supportive community.
Why Choose Telegram for Your Architecture Group?
Telegram offers several advantages that make it an ideal platform for your architecture group:
- Privacy and Security: Telegram takes privacy and security seriously, providing end-to-end encryption for messages and optional self-destructing messages, ensuring the confidentiality of your group’s discussions.
- Large Group Capacity: Telegram allows you to add up to 200,000 members to your group, ensuring that your architecture community can grow and accommodate a substantial number of participants.
- Rich Media Support: With Telegram, you can share high-quality images, videos, and documents, enabling you to showcase architectural designs, discuss projects, and exchange valuable resources seamlessly.
- Bots and Integrations: Telegram offers a wide range of bots and integrations that can enhance the functionality of your group. You can use bots to moderate discussions, schedule events, share news updates, and more.
Getting Started with Your Architecture Telegram Group
Creating an Architecture Telegram Group is simple and straightforward. Here are the steps to get you started:
- Download the Telegram app on your mobile device or visit the Telegram website on your computer.
- Sign up for an account or log in if you already have one.
- On the main screen, tap on the “New Group” button or click on the three-line menu icon and select “New Group.”
- Choose a name for your group, add a group photo, and customize the group’s settings according to your preferences.
- Invite your friends, colleagues, or anyone interested in architecture to join your group. You can share the group’s invite link or directly add members using their Telegram usernames.
- Start engaging with your group members by initiating discussions, sharing content, and encouraging active participation.
Boosting Your Architecture Telegram Group
To expand the reach and influence of your Architecture Telegram Group, consider leveraging external marketing strategies. One effective method is to buy Telegram members from reputable providers like https://themarketingheaven.com/buy-telegram-members/. This service allows you to increase the number of members in your group, giving it a boost and attracting more organic engagement. However, remember that genuine interactions and valuable content are key to building a thriving community, so use this strategy as a complement to your efforts.
With your Architecture Telegram Group up and running, take advantage of the platform’s features to organize virtual events, conduct polls, and facilitate knowledge sharing among members. Remember to foster a positive and inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to contribute their ideas and insights.
So, what are you waiting for? Start your Architecture Telegram Group today and connect with fellow architects, students, and enthusiasts from around the world. Together, you can inspire, learn, and build a vibrant community passionate about the art and science of architecture!