- Ask online
- Come to before class OH on Wed 11:30-12:30 @Robek’s / Coffee Bean umbrella tables
- I can go to AS-120 (AS building is next to The Beach Hut, next to The Library) after class on Wed, at 3:45 and help anyone with anything.
- Make an appointment to meetup another time
Don’t forget, The California State University at Long Beach requires me to give a final, and requires you to attend it!
- 1pm Final is Monday Dec 12, 12:30-2:30 in the SOA Gallery Courtyard
- 2:30 Final is Wednesday Dec 14, 2:45-4:45 in the SOA Gallery Courtyard
The Final will be: Art Games!
- Do not be late.
- Do not book an airline ticket for December 11
You can check the final schedule for Art110, or any other class here.
For the final we’ll need 8 team leaders for each class. Want to be one of them? Message me!
Lydia’s Kidneys! 🙁
Poor Lydia from 2:30 wasn’t able to make it to class last week – kidney infection! 🙁 Actually, a few of you have been sick, here’s hoping for quick recoveries for everyone. Meanwhile, Lydia decided to make a zine about all the “fun” she’s having:
Points on BeachBored
All points through Week 12 are now up on BeachBored. Be sure to check your points and know where you stand! So far we’ve had 637 points possible. Here’s how many points you should have to be on track for each grade level, and how many peeps in 1p / 2:30 are currently at each grade level:
A = 563 points – 57 / 45
B = 500 points – 4 / 9
C = 436 points – 1 / 0
D = 373 points – 0 / 1
F = 372 points – 3 / 7
- 1p GPA = 3.72
- 2:30 GPA = 3.35
Top 5 @1pm:
- Hannah Adams, 759
- Melissa Rios, 745
- Stephanie Arciva, 712
- Maritess Anne Inieto, 695
- Joy Elizabeth Uba, 684
Top 5 @2:30:
- Nathan Davalos, 788
- Lydia Chang, 741
- Zack Ngov, 739
- Felix Huynh, 738
- Yesenia Hernandez, 717
Wk 13 – This Week!
- Art Talk Discussion – at the bottom of this post
- Activity – vlogs & ePortfolios
- Artist Conversation – None this week
- Classmate Conversation – @FA4-311
Our Activity this week is to make a Welcome to my website vlog and put it on an “About” page. Full details:
(be sure you make it to the bottom of the page for info on the optional EC vlog! 🙂
Classmate Question OTW
An increasing number of scientists are seriously considering the idea that we are living not in the physical or “real” world, but a gigantic, complex computer simulation. In The Matrix Morpheus offers Neo the chance to learn the truth:
You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Which pill would you choose? Why?
Write next week’s Classmate Question OTW here: Classmate Question OTW
Art Talk OTW
- 3 Million Years of Art History
- Joseph DeLappe
- Mahsa Soroudi
- The Mind in the Cave
- documentary: Bomb It
- Classical Greece & Rome
- Renaissance & Baroque
- 19th Century
- Aesthetics & Beauty and Realism & Romanticism
- 20th Century
- documentary: The Internet’s Own Boy
- Abstraction & Representation
- Carla Dauden
I had planned to get back to our timeline and look at the 21st century this week, but since we’re lucky enough to have filmmaker & activist Carla Dauden visiting us on Wednesday this week, let’s discuss her work for our Art Talk OTW this week. Next week we’ll finally dive into the Art of the 21st century.
- Instead of separate discussion pages for 1 & 2:30, we’ll all discuss on the same page.
- Instead of discussing on this page, we’ll look at Carla’s work & discuss it on the Visiting Artist Carla Dauden page.
- PLEASE INCLUDE “1P” OR “2:30” WITH YOUR NAME WHEN YOU COMMENT
- You still have till Sunday night to finish your discussion, but PLEASE WATCH SOME OF HER VIDEOS BEFORE CLASS ON WEDNESDAY so you’ll be familiar with her work.
- Please bring a question you’d like to ask Carla to class on Wednesday!
Interactive Art History Timeline
If you want to play with the Art History Timeline that you see me using in these talks, you can get your very own copy & the Freemind software to view, modify, or make your own, here: