The Bea & Dag Sauceda Memorial Grant in the Art of the Family – 2022
For 2022 this grant will be open to artists residing in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
In memory of my cousins Beatrice (1928-2019) & Dagoberto (1925-2000) Sauceda of Kansas City, I am offering a $4,000 grant for an artist to produce an artwork that in some way explores The Art of The Family. Submissions are welcome in all arts media, including but not limited to:
- 2D, 3D, Installation, Performance & Participatory Visual Art
- Choreographic, Musical & Theatrical works
- Photography, Film, Video, Audio
- Poetry, Prose, Fiction, Nonfiction
- Documentary projects & Counterfactual histories in any media
For your project proposal use any format that suits you:
- Sketchbook pages
- and other proposal formats
Your project proposal should include:
- A clear sense of the work you plan to accomplish. Projects that “explore” without a priori knowledge of where the investigation will lead are also welcome. A sense of what form such an investigation might ultimately take would be helpful.
- Some idea of project needs: art supplies, cast members, etc
- Some idea of project budget (you can include paying yourself, travel, research, etc)
- A proposed timetable for your project. An initial exhibition/performance/publishing before the end of 2022 would be ideal.
- How your project considers the idea of Family
- Why you care about this project
- A link to your website or other place to see your portfolio
- Video materials – upload to YouTube or Vimeo and email a link
- Text or Image materials – include in the body of your email
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please add email@example.com to your approved email address list
Sauceda Memorial Grant – 2022 Timetable
- Proposals should be received no later than 30 June 2022
- Jurying will proceed immediately
You must be logged in to post a comment.