I don’t actually have “the answer”.
Things that might help
- Try managed hosting instead of a VPS
- HTML & the URL are core now. They won’t go away.
- WordPress or any dynamic content won’t survive. Use static HTML on Amazon EC2
- Use Plugins that are updated frequently
- Use large web hosts that will probably stick around
- Do everything on WP Codex > Hardening WordPress
- A complicated password will not help you, but 2-factor authentication is essential
- MySQL is rock solid. Even if a site does go down, in the future someone could take that database, put a theme on it, and it might not look exactly as it did, but it would be live again.
- Maybe WordPress.com is cooler than you think