- There is no paper textbook to buy.
- Your Laptop & Phone are your textbooks.
Wk 1 – Plaster Casting
- 4# Box of Plaster of Paris – Any Hardware store
- Metal Hand Shovel – plastic shovels suck, metal shovels are expensive, but Daiso has metal shovels for $1.50! 😀
- Bucket – steal from mom ‘n dad or split one at Hardware store with classmate
- Stir Stick – free at Hardware store, just ask at paint counter (a free 5-gallon stir stick is even better than a 1-gallon)
- Cheap 1″ paint brush (optional) don’t need this, but most students like to brush sand off their finished casting
Wk 2 – vlog
- Your Phone (or a Camera or Video Camera)
Wk 3 – Secret Architecture
- Something to draw with. Like a pencil & paper, or a computer drawing program, or whatever you like.
Wk 4 Graffiti Writing
- Spray paint, 2 colors. Any paint will do, Montana Gold is awesome!
- Montana Cap Set Level 1-6 – optional, great for getting thin lines & wide fills
Wk 5 – Life Design
- Your computer
Wk 6 – Your Turn
- Since this is an art activity that you design for yourself, you’ll need whatever materials you choose.
Wk 7 – Sketching
- Pencil & Paper
Wk 8 – ePortfolio
- Your Computer
Wk 9 – Museum Visit
- Your Phone (or some other camera)
Wk 10 – Finger Painting
- 22×30″ sheet of Rives BFK White is awesome! Any large sheet of paper will work. Bigger than 8-1/2×11, please!
- Any 3 non-toxic, washable, acrylic paints, only need very small quantities
Wk 11 – Environmental Portrait
- Your phone (or other camera)
Wk 12 – One More
In this activity, you pick one of the previous 11 activities to try again and take it further conceptually, aesthetically, and/or technically. You’ll need the same or similar materials as last time.
Whatever materials you might need to realize your vision on various Activities. Mostly no-cost or low-cost stuff you can find around the house.