- There is no paper textbook to buy.
- Your smartphone is your textbook.
- 4×6 index cards – not 3×5 and not paper, please use 4×6 index cards
MH 1: Plaster Casting
- 4# Box of Plaster of Paris – Any Hardware store
- Metal Hand Shovel – plastic shovels suck, metal shovels are expensive, but Daiso has metal shovels for $1.50! 😀
- Bucket – steal from mom ‘n dad or split one at Hardware store with classmate
- Stir Stick – free at Hardware store, just ask at paint counter (a free 5-gallon stir stick is even better than a 1-gallon)
- Cheap 1″ paint brush (optional) don’t need this, but most students like to brush sand off their finished casting
MH 2: Sketching
- Unlined paper, the bigger the better
- Pencil. Have fun with a better than the everyday pencil. The greatest pencil I’ve ever used is the Draughting pencil. A lot of peeps love the legendary Blackwing pencil. Both are available in the LBSU Art Store in FA3. Or at your local art store.
MH 3: Graffiti Writing
- Spray paint, 2 colors. Any paint will do, Montana Gold is awesome!
- Montana Cap Set Level 1-6 – optional, great for getting thin lines & wide fills
MH 4: Finger Painting
- 22×30″ sheet of Rives BFK White
- Any 3 non-toxic, washable, acrylic paints, only need very small quantities
LD 1: Life Design
- pencil, paper
- or computer software
- or whatever you want to use
LD 2: ePortfolio
Use any web platform of your choice.
- Wix – best for most students
- Squarespace – some people love
- Medium – great if you’re a writer
- WordPress – my personal favorite
You can use any platform you like. Wix seems to be the easiest, best, and cheapest for students. You can use the “freemium” ($0) version for now. If you later are on a job hunt and want to turn the ads off & get your custom URL, then you could optionally pay them at that time.
LD 3-4: Environmental Portraits & Vlogs
- If you can find someone with a DSLR or Mirrorless Camera, that’d be awesome!
- Or… your Phone Camera will be fine!
- Any optional props/locations you’d like to use for your photos.
- Video: Upload to YouTube
- or Vimeo, & “embed” on your site
SC 1-2: Student Choice & One More
- Up to you
- whatever you need to realize your vision
Whatever materials you might need to realize your vision on various Activities. Mostly no-cost or low-cost stuff you can find around the house.