Are you looking to buy a camera for:
- Still Photography
- Video Production
- Do a web search for things like budget starter camera
- Surf around eBay
Below are a few videos with overviews of your choices:
- 10 Cameras Under $300 / DSLR Video Shooter
- 1st-time camera buying guide / Tony Northrup
- How To Film Yourself For YouTube and Vlogs: The Basics / Camera Conspiracies
- Best Cameras & Lenses For Video, Youtube & Vlogging / Camera Conspiracies
Shout in the comments below if you have any questions on cameras, features, composition, aesthetics, or anything else.
Know of a good camera option? LMK in the comments below!
Still Pix in RAW
If you’re shooting still images, you should definitely shoot RAW over JPG (or both). For your RAW images you’ll need one of these:
- Adobe Lightroom
- Capture One
- The Software that came with your camera
You can use Adobe Lightroom on the computers in the Horn Center or in the Spidel Center. If you work on those computers, you’ll probably want to bring a thumb drive or USB hard drive for your files.