We’re going to edit each other’s Artist Conversations! Actually, we’re going to edit 1 Artist Conversation written by a classmate and 1 Artist Conversation written by yourself.
- Here’s a little help with Talking About Art
- Find yourself on the Art110 Roster. The person you’ll edit is the person right below you on the roster. If you’re the last person on the list, then loop around and edit the 1st person. Find their most recent Artist Conversation and give it a read.
- Look for 3 technical items that are mistakes or could be clearer: spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity, excessive complexity, run-on sentences, etc
- Look for 3 conceptual things that could be clearer: confusion about the artist or the work. Hard to understand statements, etc
- Look for 3 conceptual things that are pretty good: places where something interesting or unexpected was expressed, a nice insight, a compelling use of language, etc
- Write a short summary: what you thought the most effective aspects of the blog post were, and general guidance on how to write clearer & stronger pieces in the future.
- Do the above twice: once for your classmates’s Artist Conversation and once for your own.
- Post everything on your blog
- Put a link to your post in the comments of the classmate’s post that you edited
- Do a Snapchat of your dinner.
Image: Lit is a Hit